E-mail headers
From: Edd Barrett <edd@theunixzoo.co.uk>
To: meli-general@meli.delivery
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 14:50:20 +0100
Hi,

I've been using mutt for ages, but saw meli on lobste.rs and thought I'd
give it a try.

A simplified view of my setup is as follows.

I use isync [0] to synchronise my mail via IMAP to the local filesystem.
This gives me a bunch of individual maildirs in a directory of my
choosing (let's say ~/Mail). Under this directory we have maildirs for
INBOX, Sent, Drafts etc.

With meli, I was expecting to use:
---8<---
root_folder = "/home/edd/Mail"
--->8---

But this gives:
"/home/edd/Mail is not a valid maildir folder"

Meli is right that this isn't a maildir. It's a directory of maildirs.
Can meli use such a directory structure?

Then admitting defeat on that, I pointed the root dir to one of the
individual maildirs, like this:
---8<---
root_folder = "/home/edd/Mail/INBOX"
subscribed_folders = ["INBOX"]
--->8---

Using this configuration, the meli UI starts, but reports the maildir
empty. I'm not sure why. Is there any logging facility or something like
that?

I'm using today's master on OpenBSD-current. (I had to downgrade the nix
dependency in Cargo.toml due to [1]).

Thanks

0: http://isync.sourceforge.net/
1: https://github.com/nix-rust/nix/issues/1125)

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk
E-mail headers
From: epilys@nessuent.xyz
To: meli-general@meli-email.org
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 14:20:05 +0000
> But this gives:
> "/home/edd/Mail is not a valid maildir folder"
>
> Meli is right that this isn't a maildir. It's a directory of maildirs.
> Can meli use such a directory structure?

This was removed by mistake, I will put it back in, thank you! Doing
`mkdir -p /home/edd/Mail/{cur,new,tmp}` would be a dirty workaround but
would give you an empty root mailbox.

> Then admitting defeat on that, I pointed the root dir to one of the
> individual maildirs, like this:
> ---8<---
> root_folder = "/home/edd/Mail/INBOX"
> subscribed_folders = ["INBOX"]
> --->8---
>
> Using this configuration, the meli UI starts, but reports the maildir
> empty. I'm not sure why. Is there any logging facility or something like
> that?

Perhaps the parsing threads panic on something, can you run

`cargo run 2> debug.log` (that is, on debug mode, not release)

and reply with the log?